April’s Portland Monthly just hit the news stands and mailboxes. Portland Monthly has a history of collecting some of the best data regarding Portland; other annual issues include, schools, doctors, attorneys and this month, real estate. Typically the rankings are available online but the stories aren’t. The website hasn’t been updated yet from the 2007 list or the March issue “on sale now” home page so you’ll have to hit the streets to buy your own copy.
Their top five ‘hoods:
1) Sylvan Highlands- Biggest one year growth
2) Northwest District- Most homes for sale over $500,000
3) Sauvie Island- Best five-year price growth
4) Powellhurst-Gilbert- Most homes for sale under $300,000
6) (tie) Hollywood/Healy Heights- Fewest days on market
The cover caption, “Buy Here Now” is a clear item of contention in the blogsphere and without the articles readily available online it’s going to be hard to discuss or present. If people have copies and want to discuss something out of the magazine, this would be a good place to do it.