Matt Lauer just interviewed Barbara Corcoran, “Today Show’s real estate guru”. I was typing as I listened- I doubt the interview is online. I’ll let folks comment (or not) and then chime in later.
- Under-price your home 10-15% compared to the rest of the market.
- Get rid of clutter.
- Take pictures on a sunny day (she doesn’t live in Portland). Lauer adds no Photoshop to make it what it isn’t.
- Hire a top “killer broker.” Twenty percent of agents do 80% of the business.
- Pick the right town.
- Buy a house with character.
- Buy a brick or white house. Says that surveys show they are preference
- Buy in the middle of the price range.