Portland’s “Arctic Blast” claimed one life yesterday and left a woman in the hospital reports KGW. The cause: carbon monoxide from a natural gas heater that wasn’t vented properly.
I wrote this post last year after a family of four was killed by carbon monoxide in Colorado. I bought our detector after writing that post.
A just run Google Search says that Target sells C02 detectors for $25.95.
Its worth noting again that Oregon real estate law has a provision for smoke detectors but not carbon dioxide detectors.
I’m pretty sure our 2010 forms update will include language regarding CO2 detectors. There is something happening along those lines just can’t quite put my finger on it.
That Monoxide detector language won’t take effect until April 2011.
Enrolled House Bill 3450 from the 2009 Oregon Legislative session